I wanted to let you know that the Colorado State Forest Service has hired a Wildfire Mitigation Specialist, Daniel Beveridge.
The Wildfire Mitigation Specialist is a new position for the agency and will focus on enhancing agency programs to address wildfire risk reduction issues in Colorado.
Dan’s areas of focus will be:
- Community Wildfire Protection Plans
- Fire Adapted Communities
- Firewise USA® Program including State Liaison
- Wildfire Hazard/Risk Assessments
- Fuel treatment effectiveness
- Represent CSFS on various statewide mitigation related groups
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal land management agencies to ensure consistent messaging about wildfire risk reduction to target audiences
Dan’s office is located in the Ft. Collins field office and he can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org office: 970.491.8755