Eagle County Wildfire Mitigation is focused on resiliency planning and creating fire adapted communities by reducing wildfire risk in the Wildland Urban Interface / Intermix within Eagle County. They negotiate with homeowners, developers, builders, local fire authorities, and others in order to achieve workable solutions while maintaining the integrity of Eagle County’s Wildfire Regulations.
- Coordination with public and private agencies to implement forest health and fuel reduction projects
- Leveraging grant funding from state and federal sources to implement education and outreach programs
- Eagle County Wildfire Collaborative
- Eagle County Community Wildfire Protection Plan and Wildfire Hazard Map
- Facilitate learning exchanges, workshops, and training events
- Open burning program
- REALFire: a program through which local residents can request a property assessment to mitigate home risk, in addition to annual training and sharing of best practices for realtors sponsored by the Vail Board of REALTORS®