Mission: To serve and safeguard the people and protect the property, resources, environment, and quality of life in Colorado
- Wildland Fire Management – DFPC’s priority wildland fire mission is to provide support, service, and assistance to local fire agencies and counties, in addition to filling resource and incident management gaps where they occur.
- Fire and Life Safety – Administers the fire, building, and life safety codes adopted by DFPC through plan review, permitting, and inspections.
- Professional Qualifications and Training – Provides statewide training and certification for firefighter, hazardous materials responder, fire officer, and many other positions.
- Center of Excellence for Advanced Technology Aerial Firefighting – Researches and develops technologies to improve firefighter safety and efficiency.
- Fire Investigations – Investigators and arson dog assist requesting jurisdictions with fire origin and cause investigations.
- Technical Assistance for Fire Departments and County Sheriffs
- Funding Support for Initial Attack and Large Fires
- Prescribed Fire Planning & Implementation
- Facilitating Agreements & Operating Plans to Ensure Coordinated Fire Response
- Training and Education
- Interagency Representation
- Wildfire and All-Hazard Response (Ground and Aviation)
- Fire and Life Safety Code Education and Enforcement
- Fire Origin and Cause Investigations
- Development and implementation of new technology