Mission: To achieve stewardship of Colorado’s diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Colorado State Forest Service is the lead state agency for wildfire mitigation expertise and forest management. The CSFS provides resources to landowners, homeowners, communities and partner organizations to work together toward wildfire adaptation and landscape resilience. All contributions to the shared goal of living with wildfire are critical. The CSFS values the diverse partnerships it fosters at the local, state and federal levels.
- Leading large-scale, cross-boundary forest restoration, wildfire mitigation and watershed protection
- Supporting local community fire adaptation through Firewise USA® and other wildfire risk-reduction programs
- Preparing communities for the reality of wildfire through technical input and approval for Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPP)
- Improving wildfire risk awareness and planning actions through the Colorado Forest Atlas ->Wildfire Risk Assessment (CO-WRA)
- Informing and guiding Colorado residents and partners in wildfire mitigation, land management, forest health and many other topics
- Promoting community fire adaptation and landscape resilience through grant distribution and management