Middle Colorado Watershed Council is dedicated to enhancing and protecting the water for all uses and for the environment in the watershed from Glenwood Canyon to De Beque. We provide for collaborative, inclusive, and creative cooperation between a wide variety of stakeholders.
As a cross-jurisdictional workspace, we find solutions to water-related issues across the region with agricultural, municipal, recreational, and ecosystem users. MCWC works in a watershed that is economically driven by water, in a watershed where nature thrives from its health. MCWC is helping to find a balance between human needs and ecosystem needs given a limited amount of water.
Our mission: To evaluate, protect and enhance the health of the Middle Colorado River watershed through the cooperative effort of watershed stakeholders.
- River and tributary restoration
- Water quality monitoring
- Fish passages and barriers with irrigation infrastructure repair
- Post-wildfire and pre-wildfire mitigation coordination and projects
- Public Outreach and Education
- Recreation infrastructure and engagement in the watershed
- Protection and enhancement of the watershed