Spanish Peaks Alliance for Wildfire Protection (SPAWP) is a 501(c)(3) Colorado nonprofit with the mission to collaboratively protect the Spanish Peaks area and wildlife from the impact of destructive wildfire events. SPAWP facilitates collaboration of individuals, governmental agencies and organizations, and works to support fuel mitigation and fire recovery in Huerfano County and adjacent communities.
- Access to grants and support for fuel mitigation program implementation
- Identification of critical areas for reduction of high-density fuels in surrounding forests
- Protection of high-value watersheds and creation of defensible space around homes, property, and infrastructure
- Public education on mitigation activities
- Support of Firewise Communities through outreach, funding, and training