FACO RESOURCE LIBRARY
Below you will find resources grouped by the FAC Framework with Colorado Resources. FACO Network Member resources are accessed via the Member Resource button and are available to current FACO members.
FAC Framework with Colorado Resources
This graphic was designed by the Fire Adapted Communities Learning Network, to help explain the fire adapted communities (FAC) concept.
Reference the links below for resources for each FAC framework component, including many Colorado tailor-made resources. Remember that every community’s journey to living better with fire is unique.
Designed as an aid for explaining the concept of living with wildfire, this graphic can be downloaded in English and Spanish from FAC Net along with a facilitation guide.
- Fire is Everyone’s Fight (FEMA)
- One Less Spark (NWCG)
- Social Media Toolkit – Outdoor Fire Safety (FEMA)
- Wildland Fire Resources (IAFC)
- Wildfire Outreach Materials (FEMA)
- Understanding CWPPs in Colorado (CSFS)
- Learn more about CWPPS (CSFS)
- Colorado Forest Atlas – Portal (CSFS)
- Integrating CWPPs into Natural Hazard Mitigation Plans (FEMA)
- Creating a CWPP (FEMA)
- Planning for Hazards: Land Use Solutions for Colorado (DOLA)
- Planning the Wildland-Urban Interface (APA)
- Spatial Fire Planning (USGS)
- Building Code Documents (FEMA)
- Protect Your Home (CSFS)
- NFPA Firewise USA®
- The Home Ignition Zone (CSFS)
- Harden Your Home (Wildfire Prepared)
- What Motivates Homeowners to Mitigate Wildfire Risk? Lessons from Social Science (RMRS video McCaffrey)
- Community Assessment Template (Wildfire Adapted Partnership)
- Nudging: A Very Short Guide (Harvard.edu)
- Radiant Heat versus Firebrands video (Cohen)
- Future Avoided Costs Explorer: Hazards (CWCB)
- Ready, Set, Go! (IAFC)
- Wildfire Evacuation Check list
- Before an Evacuation (Ready.gov)
- Firefighter Safety Zones (NWCG)
Visit our Members Only Resource Library, where FACO Network participants contribute and leverage their collective resources; including templates so one doesn’t have to start from scratch, sample plans, research, quick guides, organizational documents, job descriptions, presentations, photos, shared messaging, and more. This curated library is designed to increase efficiency by helping members quickly find knowledge and borrow resources.
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter to receive updated news and timely information about Fire Adapted Colorado activities, statewide updates on wildfire mitigation and resilience efforts and events, legislative updates and how to co-exist with the threat of wildfire in Colorado.